Please see the following link for more information; Covid-19 Patient Advice
URGENT MESSAGE RE. COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS): CHANGE TO APPOINTMENTS & ADVICE
CHANGE TO APPOINTMENTS
Dear Patients of Silsden & Steeton Medical Practice
In view of the increased concern with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) we will be changing our appointment booking systems with immediate effect. This is to ensure we reduce the risk of transmission and maintain a safe environment for all patients and staff associated with the practices.
We are now moving to a telephone first system for those requesting an ‘on the day appointment’. Patients will be triaged by a clinician BY TELPHONE. If patients need to be seen in the practice, an appointment will be arranged. This may not be at your usual practice, but the clinician who sees you will have full access to you electronic patient record.
If you wish to make a routine appointment for a matter unrelated to Coronavirus
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GOING TO YOUR GP PRACTICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IN PERSON
- DO contact the GP Surgery via telephone. Please tell the reception teams whether you would like a telephone consultation, video consultation or a face-to-face consultation. The teams will be asking patients a set of questions prior to making appointments to ensure patients are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional or service.
- DO complete an eConsult if you need same day advice from a GP (if your practice offers this)
- FOR TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS there is now an option to book these online. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online booking if you do not already have this.
- FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS, due to the need to answer questions prior to making an appointment, online booking has been suspended for the time being.
- FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO HEALTH RECORDS AND ONLINE PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS, there is no change from previously. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online access if you do not already have this.
Finally, please ensure your Practice has up to date contact details for you, including mobile telephone numbers where available, for clinical staff and reception teams to be able to contact you urgently if needed.
We understand that this may cause you some difficulties and thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE CASUED BY COVID-19
If you have arrived back to the UK from an affected area, kindly follow the specific advice for returning travellers. Public Health England’s information regarding affected areas and health care guidance changes daily and can be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-traveller
If you have visited an affected area in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone infected with Coronavirus or you think you may have Coronavirus or if you have a fever, cough, sore throat or breathing problems.:
For details on Self isolating - please click the following link; Self isolating
Welcome to Silsden and Steeton Medical Practice
The Practice endeavours to provide an accessible, caring and personalised service to the patients of Silsden, Steeton and the surrounding community, in a safe and supportive environment that is rewarding and stimulating for staff, patients and visitors.
See our exciting news on our news page about the practice joining the super group Modality Partnership.
At our surgery we have 5 doctors, 1 advanced nurse practitioner, 3 nurses and 2 healthcare assistant's providing the highest quality healthcare to patients in Silsden and the surrounding area.
We use this surgery website as a way of presenting all our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice, the doctors and the healthcare they provide. We try to keep it current with any news, developments and details that are relevant to the surgery and our patients.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful source of links to other reliable locations of health related information. The doctors will also add topical health information from time to time.
Have a look around our website and please do send us some feedback. We can use your thoughts to improve our online services and further develop the website to make it a more useful, practical application for the patients of Silsden.
(Site updated 03/04/2020)